Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Tits

Ah. Everybody's favourite topic of discussion - too big? too small? real? fake? saggy? perky? Everyone has an opinion. Me, I've always been of the opinion that mine could be bigger. Friends tut away and pooh-pooh the boob-job idea I bounce around them endlessly (yes, pun intended). "Aiyah! No need lah! You look fine wat," they say. Or, "Well at least you won't have backache and saggy ones when you're older," as a consolation. My mother said told me that "all I had to do" was have a baby and that would bring along a boob bonus, which of course didn't really help.

I don't actually think I've met any girly friend who thinks her boobs are perfect - they all wish theirs were bigger, or smaller, or less droopy, or less heavy etc etc. I have a friend who has enormous ones. When we go to La Senza there are plenty of animated comparisons, usually with me deploring, "I can't wear those, I'm too small" and her, "Yah, neither can I. I'm too big."

A girl I knew once questioned the fascination. "They're quite ugly actually when you look at it. Just two lumps of fat and a brown knob," she said, giving my preoccupations a quick dose of reality. But c'mon, we all know that doesn't make a sot of difference. Men will continue to ogle and women will continue to fret that theirs don't look like Carmen Electra's. And fake ones (no matter how splendid they look) will always be looked down on with suspicion (Yah... they're nice... but they're fake).

Sigh. What's a small-chested girl to do!

5 comments:

Aku Di Sini said...

at least you have healthy one, no matter the size. What if you have breast cancer and have to remove it? Size matter? For me, I like small one, looks more natural.

Trixie said...

aku di sini: yes good point! When all's said and done, good health does rule out any other bitching and moaning. And hell, there's always padding for a slight bosst haha :p

Aku Di Sini said...

no need padding lah, just be proud of what you have. Why you need padding, to enhance your self esteem?

Alice Teh said...

My 'two lumps of fat and a brown knob' are small (and I really mean small...), but I'm proud of them nonetheless. At least they're firm and perky. Haha! All the gym work and pushups (physical exercise) do wonders. Oh well, I'm no Carmen Electra but I'm a Kate Hudson or Kate Moss or Gwyneth Paltrow or...

Jughead said...

Trixie, it is the nipples and the areola that matter and not the brest! I am seriously worried about your mental health. You indeed seemed to be surrounded by rather hypocerebral people! Find your G-spot and wish you a happy journey!
Jughead