Sunday, June 04, 2006

The One? Pffft!

Yes see, so many of you agree that, that whole thing about finding “The One” is rubbish. We only set ourselves up for more and more disappointment, and c’mon, if everything was like in those romantic chick-flicks then not only would we have already found our One True Love somewhere like the grocery store, but we would also always have immaculate beautiful hair, no cellulite and a different pair of expensive shoes to wear every day.

Which of course, just isn’t what happens.

A fabulously fun friend Kate, who keeps me well entertained on MSN during difficult, boring, sleepy moments of work, randomly sent me this one day:

Fairy Tale
Once upon a time, a girl asked a guy, "Will you marry me?"

The guy said, "No" and the girl lived happily ever after and went shopping, dancing, drank martinis, always had a clean house, never had to cook, stayed skinny and farted whenever she wanted.

Which is exactly how things should be. Pish to The One. I'm going out dancing whenever I want with whoever I want!

6 comments:

Cleo-Jean said...

The idea of The One appeals to me only in these circumstances...such as, The One taking out my trash, The One cleaning my car, The One who cooks great italian food, The One with a really talented tongue - oops, well, that One goes to the Black Forest. HAHAHA

The idea of multiple The Ones works for me. After all, women are bestowed with miltiple gifts and men aren't that pre-disposed. Especially the gift of M.O. My most fave gift of all!

Cheers to the feminine race!

Niyi said...

i think the idea of The One is total bullshyt too, created by men to make us feel vunerable and bla bla bla. i mean, i'm in college now and ive never met a guy who would worry about not being married to his destined and chosen-by-the-stars soul mate. but the girls are jz obsessed about being contemplating every single micro-asspect of a relationship and thinking how long it wud last and yadi-yada~. can't they just relax and realize that we're just in college!

Anonymous said...

I think guys do worry about it, but I get the feeling that it is a little later in life.

Guys just seem to assume that they will have the pretty hetero family life with 2 kids and a loving wife.

They seem to think it is necessary to spend their late teens and early 20's keeping outta the commitment clasp of women. Then, at the exact moment they are ready they will let down their guard and The One will find them. They start to worry when they realise the commitment phobia has stunted their emotional growth.

lynndhia said...

fairy tales r just made up so tat lil girls believe in true love
but at the same time, those whom get obsessed abt the idea tat their prince charming will come one day n sweep them off their feet, are usually those whom end up getting conned out of their money or wateva by their so called prince charming whom prey on their naivety.

btw, hope tat it is ok for me to link u at my blog
thanks =)

keep up the good work girls

Rafleesia said...

Great entry - you know what I've come to realise? The fact that I am The One! You know the whol palaaa about you coming into this world alone and then dying alone and therefore the most important relationship you have on this earth is the emotional one with yourself. If you are screwed up with yourself, you will always be searching for The One to fill the huge inadequacies.

The day that slow realisation dawned on me, the more I enjoy me, myself and I.

PS. A fellow vodka tonic drinker! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

what kind of blog is this? pff!! There's always The One... it oni depends how The One's attitude towards you...