Monday, July 24, 2006

Disorganisation

Ok so here's a little confession. My column (for this weekend) was due today and I err... only wrote it this afternoon. Actually, that seems to be the case for most of what I do. You'd think that as a freelancer, I have all this time to do everything well in advance but it always seems to be the night before (at about 3am) or two hours before 5o'clock on the due date.

Funny yah, when I was a kid I was one of those keen annoying geeks who did everything well ahead of time, finished all my homework before it was due and then sat there looking smug at everyone who was cramming it last minute. Now I spend all day fucking about, hanging out in shops, finding people to go drink coffee with me in the middle of the day, and then cram like crazy in the middle of the night.

This means I play when everyone works, and work when everyone plays which probably explains why I haven't seen any of my friends in ages.

Still, I like to think this disorganised way of life is part of my charm. hah!

PS we're going to try to get at least organised enough to write more regularly. I promise. Really. Truly madly deeply.

No comments: