Friday, January 19, 2007

Death and Email

I've been cleaning out my Yahoo email and here's my advice: It is NOT a good idea let your email accumalate from 2003 to 2007!

I was sitting at the same spot for nearly 5 hours trying to sift through over 1000 emails and now I can't feel my arms. Some emails had pictures and stuff so I had to go through all of them in case I trashed something important.

Frankly, I really don't see how I can possibly trash anything of importance since I obviously haven't missed it all this time. . I should have just trashed everything. What can I say? I was channelling Ms.Paranoia again!

During my exercise in futility, I had a rather morbid thought. What happens to someone's email when they die? I mean no one else can get into the account assuming that nobody knows the password. In other words if you have any important information or contacts on your email, it will be lost once you're dead. Unless Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail provide special hacking services for the next of kin of the dearly departed.

Either that, or there are thousands of dead emails belonging to dead people floating around cyberspace. How eerie is that?

Okay, its official. I clearly have too much time on my hands!

No comments: