Friday, June 22, 2007

Totally Gross Behaviour

I was out with some friends a few weeks back when one of them did something that TOTALLY grossed me out!



No, he didn't pick his nose in public or throw up coz he'd ingested too much alcohol (although these also rank very highly on my Totally Gross Behaviour list). He did something that I'd never do in a million years - he picked a piece of chicken off the floor, where it had fallen and ate it!!!! Eeeeewwww!!!!

How absolutely appalling! Why do some people think that they're immune to all the ghastly bacteria, worms, insects, bugs and other unmentionables that lurk in the dark regions of the ground beneath their feet?



It doesn't mean that if you can't see it, it isn't there!

I suppose it's the same "nothing bad will ever happen to me" thinking shared by chain-smokers and people who practise unsafe sex.

Still, who am I to judge? People who know me think I practically have an obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to cleanliness (but these are the people who haven't met my mother!)
Besides, my friend seemed none the worse for the wear so maybe I'm being too much of a pain in the arse!

Besides, I think my bad habit of pointing out the negatives of not living a super clean life isn't going to win me any friends.

I remember when Trixie and I used to work in the same office and she'd walk around without her shoes on, sometimes. She wore impossibly high and fabulously wonderful heels that rendered her paralysed from the ankles down if she didn't take them off every few hours.

She was perfectly comfortable prancing around on the office carpet, all happy and barefooted until I pointed out that that was the very same carpet that other people trod on after going to the office toilet and stepping on pee or worse! Yuckity yuck!

She never took off her shoes again, let me tell you but I think she secretly wanted to choke me for ruining her blissful ignorance!

No comments: